Restorative Yoga focuses on two main points:
- Letting go
In the practice of Restorative Yoga, props are essential to reach our goal. When we say props, we also mean simple props that you can find in your own home. They do not need to be special yoga props.
How to do Restorative Yoga at home?
Common props that you will need for the practice of Restorative Yoga at home:
- One yoga mat
- One bolster or two rolled blankets
- One chair
- Three to five blankets or towels
- One trouser belt or bathrobe belt
- Two yoga bricks or two fairly large books
- One eye pillow of 15 or 150 grams or a small hand towel
For how long do we hold poses?
Restorative Yoga poses are held for five to 30 minutes, and the final relaxation in Shavasana is up to 25 minutes.